An algae which is nutritionally very rich, more specifically in iron, and whose health-promoting benefits are easily bioavailable (well absorbed by the body).
WHAT IS SPIRULINA ?
Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) is a blue-green algae which has existed on earth for many billions of years and which is nowadays recognised for its rich content, particularly in natural iron.
- In 2000, the WHO (World Health Organisation) classed spirulina as an “important dietary supplement” for its rich nutritional content.
- Unlike other plants, the cells of spirulina have no cell wall which acts as a barrier to the absorption of nutrients by the human body: the bioavailability (or absorption) of the components of spirulina is therefore excellent.
A SPECIAL IRON ABSORPTION MECHANISM
Spirulina has a special absorption matrix, which enables it to filter and to take minerals (and more specifically metals) into its culture medium. It therefore naturally absorbs iron during its growth.
Once ingested, it releases the iron slowly in the body, in the best place possible to facilitate its absorption by the human body.
Working this way means spirulina limits the side effects generally experienced when taking iron supplements (digestive troubles).
Thanks to its natural source of iron, spirulina therefore also provides many health benefits:
- Helps reduce fatigue
- Helps ensure normal cognitive function
- Helps promote normal energy metabolism
- Helps the normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Helps the normal transportation of oxygen around the body
- Helps the immune system to operate normally
SPIRULINA FROM PHARMALP (SPIRUL-1)
All spirulinas are not the same.
The culture medium, geographical environment, climate and the manufacturing process will all significantly influence the quality and the concentration of nutrients in spirulina.
Pharmalp has chosen a spirulina which is naturally richer in iron than others, and which is cultivated in a protected natural environment (free from pollutants), to guarantee greatest effectiveness and the highest level of safety for our customers.
A production tool used nowhere else in the world
Cultivated in Ecuador, at an altitude of 2,500 metres, our spirulina benefits from an ideal and constant photoperiod (12 hours of sunshine a day, all year round). Environmentally-responsible production, on an Ecocert-certified site.